CIOCAN Member Benefits
Join our community of over 400 Canadian CIOs
CIO Association membership is individually based, open to CIOs, their direct reports and qualified academics.
Consider the benefits of joining CIOCAN. It is the only Canadian professional association for IT executives offering focused education, networking and knowledge sharing using the most current and innovative methods to foster community and enhance the potential in all of us as IT experts and CIOs.
WHO We Are
For leaders in technology, including business transformation, innovation and security, who want to raise the profile and voice of their profession.
CIOCAN is the only national professional association that unifies all information technology leaders to communicate their unique perspective and knowledge of the substantial issues impacting their profession, the national economy and society at large.
It sets the standard for IT professionalism today and tomorrow.
How to Join
Simply click Join Now to complete and submit a membership application form. Be sure to review the membership categories below so that you know which membership level to indicate on the form. Once we receive your completed form, it will be submitted to the membership chair for approval. Upon approval you will be invoiced for membership fees. When payment is received, your membership will be activated
Members Attend Chapter Events for Free: Did you know that CIOCAN members can now attend regular chapter events at no cost? this excludes the CIO Peer Forum (tm) and marquee events held by some chapters.
Professional Development: The CIO Association offers regular chapter based programming aimed at both developing your skills and your local network.
- The national conference is held annually in the spring. Connecting leading national and international speakers into the primary Canadian CIO network, this event focuses on helping today’s CIO become tomorrow’s strategic business leader.
- The Simon Fraser University Leadership Development Program - This program is offered by Simon Fraser University, Beedie School of Business, in partnership with the CIO Association of Canada. It provides a tremendous asset to you now and into your future and is endorsed by two of the strongest national brands in business and the area of management of information systems, providing a tremendous asset to you now, and into your future.
Resources: Career Central - Provides key job listings and postings as well as helpful resources. Members who we know are in a job search are notified of new postings.
- Social networks - Connect with peers, ask other advancement professionals questions and join discussions on any of CIOCAN's social network pages including: CIOCAN.CA, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Publications: CIO Digest - Members receive this publication twelve times a year and have exclusive access to an online digital version and a searchable database of past DIGEST articles.
- White Papers - CIOCAN publishes or provides links to white papers exploring advancement concepts, best practices, trends and research of interest to advancement leaders and IT decision-makers.
- Professional Development Notifications - Members will receive regular communication about CIO Association programs and networking opportunities in their geography. We also publish industry events of interest.