CIO Association membership is individually based, open to CIOs, their direct reports and qualified academics. Interested in joining? Get more information on becoming a member.
Member Referral Program: Members who bring new members into the Association receive a $50 credit toward their membership renewal or their Peer Forum registration. The new member simply has to note your name on the application form.
Members Attend Chapter Events for Free: Did you know that CIOCAN members can now attend regular chapter events at no cost? this excludes the CIO Peer Forum ™ and marquee events held by some chapters.
The CIO Association offers regular chapter based programming aimed at both developing your skills and your local network.
- The national conference is held annually in the spring. Connecting leading national and international speakers into the primary Canadian CIO network, this event focuses on helping today’s CIO become tomorrow’s strategic business leader.
- The Simon Fraser University Leadership Development Program – This program is offered by Simon Fraser University, Beedie School of Business, in partnership with the CIO Association of Canada. It provides a tremendous asset to you now and into your future and is endorsed by two of the strongest national brands in business and the area of management of information systems, providing a tremendous asset to you now, and into your future.
Career Central – Provides key job listings and postings as well as helpful resources. Members who we know are in a job search are notified of new postings.
- Social networks – Connect with peers, ask other advancement professionals questions and join discussions on any of CIOCAN’s social network pages including: CIOCAN.CA, LinkedIn and Twitter.
CIO Digest – Members receive this publication twelve times a year and have exclusive access to an online digital version and a searchable database of past DIGEST articles.
- White Papers – CIOCAN publishes or provides links to white papers exploring advancement concepts, best practices, trends and research of interest to advancement leaders and IT decision-makers.
- Professional Development Notifications – Members will receive regular communication about CIO Association programs and networking opportunities in their geography. We also publish industry events of interest.