Technology Mentorship Program
Whether you are a CIO Mentor or a Mentee, the gift of giving and receiving is invaluable.
Discover the Technology Mentoring Program
A core part of our mission at CIOCAN is to facilitate executive development and to collaborate on issues facing CIOs/IT Executives. Our Technology Mentorship program, free to all CIOCAN members and their direct reports, continues to demonstrate our dedication to growing and supporting current and emerging IT leaders.
The purpose of this Executive mentoring program is to enhance the value of your membership in the CIOCAN Association, enabling another channel for your growth and development. By participating in this Technology Mentoring program, as a Mentor, Mentee, or both, you can be confident the experience will bring exposure to ideas and perspectives intended to cultivate a more powerful you. Whether you are a Mentor or a Mentee, the gift of giving and receiving is invaluable. A platform for professional exchange and mutual learning is at the foundation of this Technology Mentoring program.
We invite applications to participate as a Mentor or Mentee typically once or twice a year. Members will be notified of the intake dates and invited to complete the application form.
When applications are received, they go through a matching process with the best fit CIO Mentor, based on the identified goals and desired outcomes for their development.
Participating in the Executive mentoring program is a benefit of membership in CIOCAN. Direct reports of members may participate as mentees.
High Level Responsibilities
As a CIO Mentor
- Create open dialogue
- Act as a model and inspire to meet and exceed expectations
- Share ideas, views, provide mentorship feedback
- Suggest strategies to accomplish objectives
- Share appropriate behaviours, attitudes, protocol and life experience
- Provide suggestion for career enhancements
As a Mentee
- Set goals and desired outcomes
- Schedule meetings and set agendas
- Determine topics to be discussed
- Be prepared for each meeting to discuss action items or areas needing support
- Incorporate advice, guidance and mentorship feedback
- Respect the parameters of the program
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the relationship
Technology Mentoring Program Format
- The duration of the engagement will be six months, with a minimum of 6 scheduled interactions during that period. At the discretion of both parties more interactions are encouraged.
- The process to match appropriately will be directly influenced by the transparency each party exercises in completing the submission of interest form, be complete and candid.
- Each party will be bound by confidentiality as outlined in the Mentorship Agreement CIOCAN will be collecting feedback on the Technology Mentoring program process and experience for both the Mentor and Mentee.
What you need to know
CIOCAN Executive Mentoring is:
- A partnership requiring equal commitment and investment from both partners
- A career enhancement process structured enough to collaborate on your roadmap, yet agile enough to adjust and meet in the moment challenges
- A mutually respectful relationship that is built on a foundation of trust, confidentiality, and integrity
- A Technology Mentoring program with purposeful design to enable results, supported by a minimum number of meetings and assessed for value and impact
CIOCAN Executive Mentoring isn’t:
- Professional Executive Coaching
- A job search forum
- An opportunity for access to the mentor/mentee’s contact network
- A place to transfer ownership of your career successes or misses