Thank you for accepting our invitation to speak at the CIO Peer Forum coming up April 10-11, 2019 in Toronto. The following information will help you to plan and execute your speaker engagement. Should you have additional questions, feel free to contact us.
PRIMARY CONTACT AT CIOCAN:
Alison Toscano is your main contact for all general information. You can reach Alison via email or by phone at 905-752-1899 ex 257.
LOCATION AND HOTEL BOOKINGS:
The host hotel is Hotel X located at:
111 Princes’ Boulevard
We have a block of rooms registered under CIO Association of Canada using the code TMO580 with reservations available online or by phone at 647-943-9300.
The special room rate of $279 per night plus taxes for signature kind rooms is available covering the dates from April 9 to April 11, 2019. The room block will remain open until March 10, 2019. After this date it will be at the hotel’s discretion whether to accept additional reservations, which will be subject to the prevailing rates and availability.
• Immediate: Complete the speaker form that will provide us with additional administrative details to help us support your presentation.
• By February 28: Blog Posts and Newsletter Articles: To help promote both the CIO Peer Forum and your topic specifically, we encourage speakers to submit a blog post of 500-800 words and a newsletter article of 800-1200 words. It can be something you have already published as long as it supports the topic you will present. Please contact Candace Alper for blog posts and articles.
• Social Media: The CIO Peer Forum is an extremely social event. We encourage you to join us on Twitter using the handle @CIO_CAN.
• Session Date and Time: Your session will have been confirmed via email. However, minor program adjustments may still be made as we go along. You will be notified of any changes via email.
• Conference Attendance: As a speaker you are invited to take advantage of a full complimentary registration to the entire conference. The complete program is published on our web site. We encourage all speakers to take advantage of this opportunity. You do not need to register this will be done automatically for you.
• Deadline – March 30, 2019. Your presentation deck is due. The CIO Association of Canada has a firm policy regarding presentation content. Your presentation must adhere to the session description and learning objectives set out in the form you submitted and refrain from being a commercial/sales pitch. To ensure the integrity of our program, we require your presentation to be submitted to us by no later than March 30, 2019. Your presentation should be sent in electronic format (PowerPoint) to Alison Toscano. For files larger than 2 MB, please contact us for alternate delivery instructions.
• Changes to your Presentation: If you have last minute changes to your presentation, please bring this on a memory stick.
• Parking: There is ample parking at the Beanfield Centre.
• Arrival Time: Please make arrangements to arrive at the break preceding your session to allow for audio visual set up and orientation.
• Dress Code: Business attire for speakers. Attendees attire is business casual.
• Emergency Contact Information: If you are running late or have an emergency, please contact Alison Toscano at 647-879-4700.
• Audience Demographics: The event will bring together a community of CIOs and IT industry leaders, combining forces with experts, thought leaders and practitioners to explore, discuss, and learn. All sessions are aimed at providing attendees with actionable information that can create positive and immediate impact on their organization. We want to help our audience become more effective information technology leaders, opening the door to new perspectives on business success.