MISSISSAUGA, ON (August 22, 2018) – The Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) is pleased to announce the jury-selected finalists for the 2018 ITAC Ingenious Awards and the CanadianCIO of the Year Award. The awards programs were created as a way to recognize Canadian talent and initiatives designed to improve performance, introduce new services, solve programs and grow businesses.
The ITAC Ingenious finalists, together with the finalists for the CanadianCIO of the Year, will be judged by a second judging panel made up of senior CIOs and CEOs, including a representative from the CIO Association of Canada, who will select the final winners in each category. Winners will be announced on November 6, 2018 at the Omni King Edward Hotel, in Toronto, ON.
The 2018 ITAC Ingenious Awards finalists are:
Large Private Sector
- Impark: Impark hangTag
- Goldcorp: Goldcorp Cognitive Journey
- Enercare: Enercare Smarter Home and Tech Enroute
Large Public Sector
- TransLink: Universal Fare Gate Access
- Halton Healthcare: Smart Hospitals Enabling Exemplary Patient Experiences
- SickKids: SickKid’s Health Information System Implementation
Medium Size Private Business
- ComplyWorks: Realtime Multilingual Language Detection and Translation Add-on to Customer Support Application
- The Pythian Group: Pythian Kick Analytics as a Service (Kick AaaS)
- Agreement Express: Digital Onboarding for iA Financial Group
Small Size Private Business
- Bluewrist: Robotics and 3D Machine Vision: A Smarter Way to do QA Testing
- WeUS Them: imTEEN
- Ulula: Connected Communities
Small-to-Medium Size Public Sector/ Not-for-Profit
- Calgary Drop-In and Rehab Centre: Calgary Drop-in Center IT Transformation
- Montreal West Island Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre: Demonstration of the Clinical Utility of the Resident Assessment Instrument through Lean Methodologies…the Making of!
- Chatter Research: Chatter Research
- Testfire Labs: Testfire Labs
- Nelson: Project Edwin
The CanadianCIO of the Year Award finalists are:
Public Sector Nominations:
- Helen Wetherley Knight, Calgary Drop-In and Rehab Centre
- Tara Mulrooney, Alberta Energy Regulator
- Roy French, Saint Elizabeth
- Dana C. Sanderson, University of Prince Edward Island
- Jessie Adcock, City of Vancouver
Private Sector Nominations:
- Fred Cook, BlueShore Financial
- Mark Bryant, PCL Constructors
- Amer Matar, Moneris
- Ali Razavi, Tangerine Bank
- Mark Saunders, Sun Life Financial
- Shauna Begley, White Spot
For more information on the awards programs, please visit www.ingeniousawards.ca.
ITAC is proud to partner with the CIO Association of Canada (CIOCAN) on both the Ingenious Awards Program and CanadianCIO of the Year Awards. CIOCAN together with CanadianCIO Magazine partner to recognize individuals making extraordinary contributions to the evolution of technology in Canada in their capacity as CIO’s in both the public and private sector for the CanadianCIO of the Year Awards.
About Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)
As Canada’s national ICT business association, the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) champions the development of a robust and sustainable digital economy in Canada. A vital connection between business and government, we provide our members with the advocacy, networking and professional development services that help them to thrive nationally and compete globally.