MISSISSAUGA, ON (August 22, 2019) – The Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) is pleased to announce the jury-selected finalists for the 2019 ITAC Ingenious Awards and the CanadianCIO of the Year Award. The awards programs were created as a way to recognize Canadian talent and initiatives designed to improve performance, introduce new services, solve programs and grow businesses through the use of technology.
The ITAC Ingenious finalists, together with the finalists for the CanadianCIO of the Year, will be judged by a second judging panel made up of senior CIOs and CEOs, including a representative from the CIO Association of Canada, who will select the final winners in each category. Winners will be announced on November 27, 2019 during the ITAC Ingenious Awards Gala at the Omni King Edward Hotel, in Toronto, ON.
The 2019 ITAC Ingenious Awards finalists are:
Large Private Sector
- PCL’s Hazard Inspection App: Eliminating Job Site Hazards with Artificial Intelligence
- PCL: Building Smarter with Job Site Insights
Large Public Sector
- Ministry of Government & Consumer Services, Infrastructure Technology Services, ON Public Service – TechLounge: A Positive End-User Experience Transformation
- Humber River Hospital – iPlan
Medium Size Private Business
- Active Exhaust – Shop Floor Control Solution
Small Size Private Business
- MetaOptima Technology – DermEngine: Future for Intelligent Skin Cancer Diagnostics
- Daisy Intelligence A.I. Solutions
Small-to-Medium Size Public Sector/ Not-for-Profit
- CAA Club Group – Geo-Temporal Generation 2
- eHealth Centre of Excellence – Virtual Visits: Delivery Primary Care through Innovation
- Oakville Enterprises – Grid Intelligence
- Highmark Interactive
- Novation Solutions o/a Dealmaker
The CanadianCIO of the Year Award finalists are:
Public Sector Nominations:
- Alex Benay, Former CIO of Canada
- Annette Butikofer, Canada Revenue Agency
- Dana Sanderson, University of Prince Edward Island
- Helen Wetherley Knight, Calgary Drop-In and Rehab Centre
- Johanne Duhaime, Hydro-Quebec
- Julie Leese, Transport Canada
- Sylvain Chalut, Bank of Canada
- Wendy Gnenz, City of Edmonton
Private Sector Nominations:
- Alan Fong, Fleet Complete
- Darryl Vleeming, Aurora Cannabis
- Mark Bryant, PCL Constructors
- Peter Sweers, Interac
- Peyman Parsi, TMX Group
For more information on the awards programs, please visit www.ingeniousawards.ca.
ITAC is proud to partner with the CIO Association of Canada (CIOCAN) on both the Ingenious Awards Program and CanadianCIO of the Year Awards. CIOCAN together with CanadianCIO Magazine partner to recognize individuals making extraordinary contributions to the evolution of technology in Canada in their capacity as CIO’s in both the public and private sector for the CanadianCIO of the Year Awards.
About Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)
As Canada’s national ICT business association, the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) champions the development of a robust and sustainable digital economy in Canada. A vital connection between business and government, we provide our members with the advocacy, networking and professional development services that help them to thrive nationally and compete globally.