Website ETRO Construction Limited
A Vancouver-based construction management and general contractor
As the Innovation + Technology Specialist you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations at ETRO. You will apply your solution oriented problem-solving skills and work experience to consistently manage network security, infrastructure and systems as well as supporting users with their IT requests. You will bring a passion for technology and great communication skills as you work in many different IT areas, helping our teams to reach their desired goals.
What you’ll get up to as the Innovation + Technology Specialist:
- Provide IT support to the head office and site teams, locally and remotely (over phone, remote connection, using Slack, eMail or any other communication channel).
- Solve IT tickets related to: Windows 10, local and cloud applications, network, Internet, email, data integration, IT devices and many other issues related to technology.
- Manage and support the Google Suite accounts (onboarding/offboarding), and all user device set ups.
- Maintain and update Knowledge Base documentation for end user guidance.
- Follow up with end users to ensure proper functioning of our applications, systems and hardware.
- Support implementation of new IT and business technology solutions.
- Setup and maintain project sites (including all IT infrastructure, systems, network and devices).
- Create and maintain the technical documentation for the organization’s environment
- Support and manage the organization’s cybersecurity program according to regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Deal and manage contracted support providers to maintain and troubleshoot any IT or technology issue, until it is working as expected.
- Work closely with the I+T Manager to ensure policies and procedures, instructions, and guidelines of the I&T department are followed.
WHO YOU ARE
If we were to ask, people would describe you as:
- A self-starter able to prioritize effectively; works well either independently or in a group.
- A person of integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation who’s committed to growth.
- Motivated to find a solution when confronted by a problem – no matter the size.
- One who seeks ways to do things better; eagerly activates and embraces change.
- Curious, collaborative, passionate and extremely detail oriented (it’s a passion thing).
- A creative thinker whose mind works ahead of the curve; history of spotting trends.
- A steward of your community; committed to giving back and serving others.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment; effectively manages workload to meet deadlines while remaining results oriented and delivering exceptional work.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
On top of your passion to work in a growing business full of professionals in the trade, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineer or equivalent industry experience and certifications.
- 1 years of related IT Administration work experience.
- Knowledge on Windows OS, Google Suite Administration & Apps, and Cloud Computing. Certification is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing, virtual hosts, web hosting and DNS management.
- Strong experience and knowledge of MS Windows 10/11 administration and support.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong problem solver with analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Certifications in ITIL Foundation and Procore Administration are considered an asset.
- Passionate about training and dealing with the end users, as well as, management of the day-to-day IT operations.
- Excellent communication and client service skills, including the ability to defuse situations, and to deal with individuals who might not fully understand the technology.
- Comfortable working in fast growth environments.
- Excellent communication & documentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and multitask.
- Patience to solve technical problems with end users.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org