SaskEnergy is Saskatchewan’s natural gas distribution and transportation company serving residential, farm, commercial, and industrial customers. SaskEnergy owns and operates over 71,000 kilometres of distribution lines and more than 15,000 kilometres of transmission gas lines. SaskEnergy plays a critical role in delivering essential energy to their customers in a way that meets their evolving expectations. Through the safe, reliable and affordable delivery of natural gas, along with energy efficiency and public safety programming, SaskEnergy strives to produce high levels of service while providing customers with innovative energy solutions.
Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
The Executive Vice President (EVP) and Chief Information Officer is accountable to the President and Chief Executive Officer, and as a member of the Executive Team will lead the technology strategy across the organization in a manner that aligns with the corporate strategies and vision. The EVP will provide leadership by overseeing the implementation, support and maintenance of current systems and will guide the deployment of technologies that enable the safe delivery of natural gas throughout the province of Saskatchewan.
The Executive Vice President is accountable to build and lead the Information Services, Business Systems Support and Enterprise Security teams, ensuring the appropriate resources are in place to deliver and evolve a technology roadmap and capability model that is tied to the business strategy, supported by the annual capital and operational budget and whose value is evidenced by a metric-driven service delivery assessment.
The EVP will be a strategic thinker, will have demonstrated leadership presence, have exceptional presentation skills, together with strong relationship-building, and negotiating skills. We are looking for a leader with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field.
- Ten plus years of professional experience that demonstrates progressive responsibilities and significant senior-level management experience in a complex digital environment.
- A track record of successfully implementing IT strategies at an enterprise level, preferably in 24/7 operations, including the selection, implementation, operation and maintenance of large-scale systems over multiple platforms.
- Proven strategic thinking skills, with a long-term outlook and the ability to deliver results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and track record implementing best practices, quality improvement initiatives and sound security protocols in the areas of technology integral to the business.
- High level of business acumen, including successful budget and resource management.
- Proven experience in leading enterprise-wide change management efforts and communicating effectively with team members and stakeholders is critical. Equally significant attributes include being highly collegial, consultative, the ability to develop and sustain collaborative relationships, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Experience in IT Audit, Regulatory Compliance, or Information Technology Cloud-based platforms is a major plus.
Already known for building and leading high performing teams that deliver innovation and excellence, envision yourself as the next Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer for SaskEnergy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.