Amer M. Khan is the CISO at The Salvation Army.
His experience includes:
• 10+ years supervisory and Project Management experience.
• Strong knowledge of risks and processes relating to InfoSec Technology assets, processes and organizations obtained during 15 years of related industry/technology experience.
• Extensive audit and risk management experience gained from working in complex and large corporate environments.
• Experience in aligning business strategies with sustainable systems platforms for several clients in various Private and Public Sectors settings.
• Strong understanding and experience with IT risk management and control frameworks (COBIT,ISO) as well as regulatory compliance requirements (SOX,PCI, PIPEDA,NERC,HIPPA).
• Attained Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) from the University of Toronto
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Information Security Auditor (CISA), Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and Certified Netware Engineer (CNE).
His specialties: Senior Management, Projects, Policy, Governance, Strategy, SDLC, Internal Controls (COBIT, ISO17799/27001), SAS70, IDPS, Vulnerability Management, ISC(2) & NIST Security Best Practices, Business Continuity Planning & Disaster Recovery.
Check out his LinkedIn.