Alizabeth Calder is a best-selling author, most recently publishing Duty of Care; An Executive’s Guide in the Digital Era. She is also a contributing writer to IT World Canada, and a sought after keynote speaker. She focuses on the critical communications strategies that bridge the gap between the technology sector and the leaders who provide the governance and investment needed to succeed.
Alizabeth has been the CIO at firms including HomeEquity Bank, IBM, Loyalty Group (a Division of Alliance Data) and CML Healthcare. Her more than 35-year technology career includes transformational success in banking, financial services, transportation, logistics, healthcare, analytics and professional services. Alizabeth is a recognized thought leader on digital oversight and Board engagement, including strategies to close the value gap and deliver the right level of digital maturity to have a long term impact. Alizabeth has also been an expert in cybersecurity since the 1980’s, providing a unique bridge for Directors and C-Level executives on one of their most critical risk considerations.
Education / Industry Accomplishments
- Certified director in the Canadian Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD.D)
- Member of the US-based National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- CERT certified Director (Cyber Security qualification), Carnegie Mellon University
- Master of Business Administration, Ivey Business School
- Certified in IT Strategy and Planning, IBM
- Adjudicator for the Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) CIO of the Year Awards
- Author of Duty of Care; An Executive’s Guide in the Digital Era and bestseller Growing Up; Practical Strategies for Sustainable Business Growth
Virtual CIO Peer Forum
Register below for the Virtual CIO Peer Forum